Basic guide for what to do with blacksmith/workshop stones once you get to level 400+ and can start working on min-maxing your gear.
As of the time of this guide’s writing, most of these stones are pretty rare with low drop rates or straight up unattainable without spending money or buying them from the in-game market. So for that reason, it is highly recommended to hold off on using up too many, or any amount at all of these stones until you reach the gear level cap / endgame (Lv400 for most gears or Lv425 for Thor/Bullet gear set pieces) because the sub-stat levels you can roll is dependent on the equipment’s level. For example, a Lv1 STR sub-stat roll would have a stat range of 1~10 but a Lv18 STR sub-stat has a stat range of 3.5k~4.2k and a Lv19 STR sub-stat roll has a stat range of 4.2k~4.9k
The available sub-stat list for each piece of gear isn’t visible in-game yet but is planned to be in future updates.
If you have any pieces of the Thor set or Bullet set, it is safe to go ahead and use Sharpening Stones on them as you level up since those two sets currently do not drop in-game and come at preset levels. You can also use Forged Stones to max out their exclusive stat value ranges at any time, as it does not change with gear level.
Due to translations discrepancies, Main = Prefix and Secondary = Suffix for sub-stat areas.
recommended modifying process
- Since it is at mythic rarity it has a total of 5 main/prefix sub-stat lines and 5 secondary/suffix sub-stat lines after I unlocked the 5th sub-stat line for both main and secondary sub-stats
- The levels of the sub-stats are all orange-colored to indicate they are at the maximum level possible for the level the piece of gear is at
Process for Main/Prefix and Secondary/Suffix sub-stats:
- If it is a mythic piece of equipment, you can use a Moonlight Prefix Stone and Moonlight Suffix Stone to unlock the 5th sub-stat lines
- Use Lock Stones to lock in any sub-stat lines you want to keep that are at max level, if the gear came with any max-leveled sub-stats you want to keep
- Use Elimination Stones to remove all the other unwanted / non max-leveled sub-stat lines
- Use one Add Stone to randomly roll a sub-stat (the available pool of sub-stats for each piece of gear can be found on the game’s official discord but here’s a link to the google sheet directly; credit goes to @UL from the official discord)
- If you did not get the desired stat roll, use an Elimination Stone to remove the roll and re-attempt with another Add Stone
- If you get the desired stat roll, but it isn’t at the maximum possible level or a high enough level / wasn’t the level you were aiming for, you can use Lifting Stones to randomly increase or decrease the level, or use an Elimination Stone to remove the sub-stat and try to roll for it again at a higher level.
Personally, I use Add and Elimination Stones until I get the desired stat at a near-max level, then attempt to get the last 1 or 2 levels with Lifting Stones. If it decreases too much, I just remove the sub-stat and try to re-roll for it again at the same starting level or maxed
- Once you get a sub-stat you want at max level or the level you were aiming for, use Attribute Stones to re-roll the stat range to max or near-max. You can also use Prefix and Suffix stones to guarantee an increase in the stat range or max it out, but I recommend to use them at the end when you have all 4 or 5 lines of main/prefix and secondary/suffix sub-stats rolled with the stats you want at max level and near-max stat ranges
- Use a Lock Stone to lock in the stat you’ve rolled so that you can continue adding and modifying the next sub-stat without affected the finished one
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 until you have all sub-stat lines filled out with your desired stats
- Optional step to fully maximize your sub-stat range value after all lines have been filled: you can use an Unlock Stone to remove all the locked sub-stats and use Prefix/Suffix Stones to increase the last few stat ranges for all your sub-stats until they are at the maximum or desired value range
Process for Exclusive sub-stats:
- Use Forged Stones until all exclusive sub-stats are maxed out or at your desired value; that’s literally it
Process for Equipment Skills:
Some gear pieces have equipment skills at immortal quality and above; you can use Casting Stones to randomly re-roll the values. When the Casting Stone is selected at the workshop with the gear you want to modify is in the slot, the text will change to a different color to show that it will be re-rolled if you decide to use the stone to modify it.
what sub-stats to roll for
- all damage boost % and all damage reduction % is universally good on everyone – same for physical damage reduction % and spell damage reduction %
- physical dps characters will want STR and physical damage boost %
- magic dps characters will want INT and spell damage boost %
- for elemental or magic dps characters, they will usually align with an element; you should aim for fire/lightning/frost/chaos damage boost since it acts as a percentage damage multiplier for that magic damage type
- fire/lightning/frost/chaos penetration will cancel out enemy resistances, but cannot decrease their resistances below 0; currently Misty Mountain mobs and bosses have up to 150 for all elemental resistances, so penetration is necessary to damage them
- ACC will be needed for current “endgame” stages (Misty Mountain) as it has up to -250% accuracy for your whole team (1ACC = 1% accuracy)
- all characters can make use of critical strike multiplier (crit damage), but critical strike chance only affects normal attacks – skill critical strike chance is needed for skill crits but currently no gear has that as a sub-stat roll option
- attack speed is a useful stat for all characters since faster attacks = more dps
- life leech / life steal is another useful stat but in endgame modes, there is a life steal debuff of up to -85%