How to Install the new VP Mod. Version 1.2 (2022/23)
The VP mod is a beautiful and streamlined WW2 mod. It’s not as expansive as the wonderful BAT mod. However, what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in detail and quality. It is also extremely easy to install. Give it a try!
To get 4.12.2
- Right click title in library.
- Select properties
- choose Betas
- Select 4.12.2
Second you will need to install 7zip
Third download the VP mod from
(There are superb instructions here BTW too)
- Download all the files VP 1.2 Mod files (Including any patches) do it individually not as on massive ZIP.
- Put them all in the same place
- Right click the file vpmodpack_2022_7z.001 and choose open with 7zip
- A new dialog window will open select all the contents of this new window (Ctrl +A) will do that
- Drag this into your IL2 1946 folder allowing files to be overwritten
It will take a while, (make sure you allow overwrite).
In the Steam IL2 1946 folder (its address will be something like this
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL 2 Sturmovik 1946) find the “config.ini” file.
Open with note book. you’ll see something like this
Put your screen resolution in the width and height ie.
Add these lines to the the Config.ini at the end
Open JSGME and install the mods you want to add – this is mine (I have my own RESHADE)
Final step From with in the steam IL2 1946 folder open IL-2 Selector and save settings
Your game should now work perfectly from the desk top (with steam overlay and screen shot ability)
Any questions I’ll do by best to answer!
See you in the skies