Displays and explains most of the relevant game mechanics, menus and NPC’s. Basic How To Play.
- HP stands Health Points, when the HP falsl to 0 the player dies.
- SP stands for Skill Points. Doing actions (Attack, Jump, Step, …) costs SP. SP is regenerated automatically. When SP falls to 0 the Player is stunned until SP has fully regenerated.
- Keys for opening chests. Maximum of 5 keys.
- Money. Money can be spend in the shop or dojo.
- Day and Time. Enemies will grow stronger after each day.
- Mini map, displays useful icons.
- KO counter, displays how many enemies were killed during this run.
- Depth level. Shows how many bosses were defeated during this run, after defeating all 8 bosses the player can challenge the final boss.
- The player character.
- Dropped Key that needs to be picked up.
- Dropped Skill Scroll that needs to be picked up.
Time ticks on the battlefield. Samurai grow stronger with each passing day. The change is gradual, but real – take caution.
HOW TO PROGRESS (PORTALS)
Going through a blue portal will throw the player into a new stage with new samurais and generals. Generally this is the way to access shops and getting new keys, scrolls and equipment.
Going through a purple portal will throw the player into a boss stage. This is the way to progress the game and face the final boss (after progressing through all purple stages). After each boss fight the player can choose to retreat with a blue portal to farm new stuff or directly face the next boss with a purple portal.
- Player position on the map.
- Jizo, can be used to turn in challenges for level-ups.
- Blacksmith, can be used to transmog equipment.
- Shop, sell and buy equipment.
- Dojo, buy and save secret scrolls.
- Inn, can be used to heal HP.
- Torii challenge.
- Master’s teachings. Talk to the master for a short gameplay tip.
- Chest, can be opened with a key.
- Blue portal
- Purple Portal
- S = South, N = North, can be used to identify directions. Also displayed on Mini Map.
GENERALS AND ITEM DROPS
The normal foot soldiers have no specific name dispalyed above them and are generally smaller (and more plentiful) than the generals.
Just the normal foot soldiers.
- Skill Scrolls
- Rice Balls
These generals are generally easy to defeat and have no special moveset.
- Skill Scrolls
- Rice Balls
These generals can be quite challenging or easy as this depends on their strength and moveset. Killing a brave general will unlock the general in the home base to be picked by the player.
- Skill Scrolls
- Rice Balls
SHOPS AND NPC’S
The player can turn in done challenges (achievements) at this statue to get level-ups, which will increase SP, increase the amount of skills which can be slotted for one action and increase the amount of action chains that can be build.
The master will give the player a new gameplay tip, whenever he is found on the map.
In the shop the player can buy new equipment by interacting with the samurai statues or sell already acquired equipment by talking to the merchant.
By paying a small amount of money the player can rest at the inn and recover his hp. During the recovery the game time will progress. The player HP will always be restored to the maximum and the amount of the time passing during the rest is depending on how much HP is restored.
The blacksmith can be used to transmog equipment so that the player can have the best looking skin with the skill the player wants.
The player can buy secret scrolls at the dojo, which can be used to store skill combinations. These scrolls can be accessed from the action builder to easily slot skill combinations without having to input those manually every time.
LIFE AND DEATH
On the death the player will loose the following stuff:
- All equipment acquired during the run
- All keys
- All money
- All boss stage progress
The player will keep:
- All skill scrolls found during the run
- All challenge or achievement progress
- All secret scrolls
- All acquired level-ups
After each run the next run will start again on day 1.
- Button which will execute the action or action chain (by pressing the button multiple times).
- One action. One action is build from 1 to n (depends on player level) skills.
- Action chain. One chain is build form 1 to n (depends on player level) actions.
To edit a skill press the EDIT button.
- Shows collected skill scrolls. The player has only a limited amount of each scroll and the scrolls can be used to build actions. Skills can be rearranged at any time.
- Shows the current action being build and the skills assigned to this action.
- This window shows how many skills can be equipped in this action (SP) as well as the projected attack power of the action (ATK).
- The current equipped weapon combo is shown here.
During building of an action, if you hear a success sound you have discovered a new attack combination. Try it out immediately!
- Inventory. All acquired equipment during the current run. Can be sold in the shop or equipped on the player.
- Currently equipped armor set. This will define the look of the player character. There are four available slots.
- Skill of the armor/weapon part. Each part can have a special passive skill which will only be activated by wearing the part.
- Active weapon. By placing two weapons the player character will dual-wield. The icon on the part defines the weapon type that will be equipped by using this part.
Each part can be equipped as weapon or armor this has no influence on the passive skill it will be always active.