This is a guide for working around blurry icons that are currently present when running the game in 1440p.
This impacts the following areas:
- Anime esque conversations.
- Buttons and icons in system menus
- Buttons and icons in combat
The most likely reason for this limitation is the fact that the PS5 and PS4 do NOT support 1440p!
In spike of that, there are a few workarounds to this issue!
Option 1: Use 1080p Resolution
- Under “Graphic Settings” switch “Window Mode” to “Fullscreen”
- Switch “Resolution” to “1920×1080”
- Apply changes, icons should now be noticeably sharper in the Graphics Settings at the bottom.
- Optional: Switch your desktop resolution to “1920×1080” so you can switch “Window Mode” to “Borderless Window” and still alt-tab without fear of crashing.
Option 2: Enable 4k Resolution on a 1440p monitor.
- Enable DSR for 2.25x resolution in Nvidia Control Panel. (2.25x is equivalent to 4k for a 1440p monitor).
- Select the new resolution from Nvidia “Display Settings” and use that as your desktop resolution.
- Launch game. (may need to alt+enter to make it windowed and readable if game is super zoomed in.)
- Go to “Graphic Settings”, change “Window Mode” to “Fullscreen” and select the “Resolution” of “3840×2160” that now shows up.
- Switch “Window Mode” back to “Borderless Window” mode. (to prevent alt tab crashes).