Gameplay loop for completing Milestones in order to hit Research Level 100 for the achievement.
Main Gameplay Loop
Note: It’s assumed you’re doing this in the postgame, meaning it won’t really be feasible to rely on the Duelist milestone (defeat Battle Researchers) for XP.
These increase your chances of encountering Potent Coromon to about 1 in 30, and Perfect Coromon to about 1 in 1,000. (For the Biologist / Zoologist / Purist / Perfectionist milestones.)
- By the end of the game, if you didn’t really use your Potent Scents, you should have around 10 of them stockpiled. You can always brew more in the swamp, and you’ll get them every once in a while as you level up your Research Level. (Even at the end of this process, I have 17 left.)
The best Spinner type for your purpose (catching Coromon on Turn 1). You can buy these at several shops.
The next best Spinner type, if the Trick Spinner doesn’t work on Turn 1. You can buy these at several shops.
For triggering the Snacker milestone. You can grow these (which helps with the Botanist milestone) or you can buy them from the Fruit dealer in Darudic.
- Any of the ‘increase Skill Power’ Fruits will also work, but Ber Fruit is my favorite because it’s the easiest to proc — it just happens when you enter a battle.
1. Get a Level 99 Coromon that can one-shot everything.
2. Bind Ber Fruit to the quick-access menu.
3. Set Difficulty to ‘Easy’ so that shop items are cheaper (Spinners, Fruit).
4. Set Text Speed to ‘3x’, Always Sprint to ‘On’, and Game Speed to ‘2x’.
Thesis: Do a bunch of battles, activate some Modules, catch Potent & Perfect Coromon, grow some Fruit, eat some Fruit… repeat.
When it comes to the Brawler vs. Collector milestones, it probably makes more sense to focus on Brawler, because it’s quicker & cheaper to defeat every wild Coromon than it is to catch them.
Remember: Always have a Potent Scent active.
1. Pick an area that has Coromon for which you haven’t found the Potent/Perfect forms.
2. Activate the STINK module on a new patch of grass (that you don’t intend to use).
3. Activate the AROMA module on a new patch of grass.
4. Quick-equip a Ber Fruit to your lead party member via the quick-access item bind menu.
5. Find a wild battle.
6. Defeat the Coromon, or catch it if it’s Potent/Perfect.
7. Repeat as needed.
When you have no more grass patches to use modules on, you could migrate to a new area. You can also migrate if you catch all the Potent/Perfect forms in the area.
Following this general loop, you’ll continually complete all the different milestones listed and gain a lot of XP.
It’s also worth doing some of the non-repeatable Milestones, as they give a good amount of XP (if you didn’t already complete them through normal gameplay). This one for example: