Settings to change to play smoothly even on a potato PC!
Settings to change
This game uses Unreal Engine 5 and DX12. Some features may cause extreme lag on older PCs.
If you played for >5 mins (until shaders compiled) and still notice lag spikes or very low FPS, go to Video settings, all biggest settings that can boost performance are in the first subcategory.
- DYNAMIC GLOBAL ILLUMINATION SYSTEM – put to NONE to disable UE5 Lumen (very big FPS boost).
- WATER QUALITY – put to LOW (also very big FPS boost)
- ANTI-ALIASING METHOD – putting to FXAA can have a big effect on FPS, but less than the previous two settings.
- REFLECTION METHOD – put to OLD (UE4) for small FPS boost.
- RESOLUTION SCALE – drop resolution to 75% or 50% for massive FPS boost.
With those settings changed you should be able to play even on a potato PC (like the one I developed the game on!).