For anyone who a) wants to experience the story in order but can’t figure out where to start because the labels are bad or b) can’t stand being stuck at 99%
If you haven’t played Persona 3: Ehhhh. Arena doesn’t assume knowledge of 3’s plot, but you’ll get some significant spoilers. (Though P3 doesn’t have the sort of puzzle-box plot of 4, so imo it matters less.)
- To get the four story mode achievements, you will need to play Episode P4, P3 and the True Ending. You do not need to play P4A or Episode Adachi.
- If you’re just starting the game, story mode does NOT include a combat tutorial.
- Story mode combat difficulty can be changed from the main menu > Options > Game Options
- P4A will let you “bookmark” between scenes, but the other episodes have no manual save feature, so if you need to exit during a scene in progress, you’ll want to use the skip feature to get back to where you were.
Episode P4 is the main story for Ultimax and a direct continuation of P4A. Complete to unlock Episode P3 and Episode Adachi.
Episode P3 and Episode Adachi are just different perspectives on the same events as Episode P4 and can be played in either order.
- Play to TBC one of the first four to unlock Kanji and Teddie
- Play to TBC any two characters to unlock Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aigis.
- Play to TBC two of the bottom row characters to unlock Labrys
- Complete Labrys to continue the first six characters
- Complete one of the first six to unlock continuations for bottom four
- Complete one of the bottom four to unlock Elizabeth
Once you’ve unlocked a route’s conclusion, you will have the option to (re)start from the cliffhanger, so don’t stress about the limited save slots.
The Short Version
Choice Points and Bad Ends
Yu: Choose the first option every time for a bonus scene with Margaret
Chie: “Keep looking for the girl”
Yukiko: “Have faith in myself”
Kanji: “Could this be reality?” then “Is this actually not a dream?”
If you still have % missing, it means you have unread text in any story where “CLEAR” is in yellow. For Yu’s route, do a run with all choice 1’s. Leave a bookmark at scene 19 (after beating possessed Labrys) so you can easily grab both options in the Margaret scene. Then start fresh and pick 2 all the way down.
On Chie, make sure to get both options after the Akihiko steak fight.
(If you get stuck on the boss fight, you’re trying too hard. Just dash up to him and spam autocombo.)
Episode P3 and True Ending
To get the final 1%, go back to chapter 10 “Source of his Strength” and choose the solitude option. Once General Teddie appears — no need to fight Kagutsuchi again — exit to the story menu to read the alternate version of Chapter 11 “Mission Complete”.
Hop back to Episode P4 to play the true end. And if you haven’t already, reload P4 chapter 12 and choose the solitude option for that final %.