You’re probably here since your game is continuously crashing, you’re experiencing black screen or you’re unable to start the game to begin with; personally I experienced the latter! Hopefully this fix helps you! 🙂 P.s. this fix has worked for both TR III and TR IV games for me (Others I have not tried yet).
Game launcher setup
within steam app select: Library -> Tomb Raider 3 -> Properties -> General -> type in under Launch Options “-setup”
Once this window opens up, select the following settings as per image
1) Locate the TR3 launcher file within the steam folder in “my computer” (eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (III)
2) Right click on “tomb3” file and select “properties” on the drop menu.
3) Select the Compatibility tab
4) Tick “Run this program in compatibility mode for: “Windows 98/Windows Me” <– this can be located in the drop box.
5) Tick the “Reduce colour mode” to 16-bit
5) Tick “Run this program as administrator”
6) Hit “Apply” and “Ok”