This guide describes survivable and reasonable builds to achieve before each of the three main boss battles.
Constant across all three battles is character attribute allocation, talents, hot-keyed abilities, and active pet:
- Attributes: Constitution 10, Dexterity 5, Stamina 5
- Talents: 14/15 points in Shield talent tree (2/3 Stone Skin) and 1/15 points in Exorcist talent tree (War Blessing).
- Abilities: Cleave, Exorcism, Shield Slam, Sacrality, Shield Wall, [potion slot].
- Pet: Fire Bird, +4 Faith
Equip War Blessing right before each battle, use it (+5% speed, +5 damage), then immediately swap in one of the abilities above. Also, consume any desired potions or food right before battle for buffs that should last the entire duration.
And apologies, no screenshots, I played entirely on Steam Deck.
- Achieve character level 10.
- Achieve crafting 22, medicine 14, and survival 20.
- Achieve rank 3 in Cleave and Shield Slam.
- Create an Elemental Resistance Potion and have several Medium Health Potions stocked.
- Construct Paladin armor set from ‘An Ancient Armor’ quest.
The battle is relatively straightforward and can be completed on the first attempt. Blodwryt telegraphs attacks clearly so you have plenty of time and stamina to dodge and re-engage. When Blodwyrt takes flight, continuously dodge as elemental damage still packs a punch. Finish Blodwyrt off when back on the ground.
- Achieve crafting 24, medicine 22, and survival 28.
- Achieve rank 2 in Exorcism and Sacrality.
- Create an Elixir of Life, Greater Elemental Resistance Potion, and have Large Health Potions stocked.
- Only four changes to equipment – back, neck, weapon, and artifact.
- DO NOT use red diamonds yet… there are only three in the game.
This battle is the hardest. Antiochus’ attacks are quick, so dodge and use the shield liberally. Feel free to disengage and use a potion/ let Holy Grail do its magic for a bit, but beware that Antiochus can teleport to attack. Be patient with closing distance, dealing damage, then dodging away. The battle may take several attempts.
Pre-Blodwyrt in Heols
- Achieve crafting 28, medicine 30, and survival 28.
- Create an Elixir of Heroes, Lifebinder, Greater Elemental Resistance Potion, and have Large Health Potions stocked (no need for Greater).
- Red diamonds are used here to upgrade armguard, wrist, and belt.
- Full switch to Templar armor set.
The battle is, again, relatively straightforward and can be completed on the first attempt. You are an absolute monster now so even with Blodwyrt’s telegraphed attacks there is margin for error to dodge and re-engage. Blodwyrt will again take flight for a period of time so continuously dodge the volleys of fire. Back on the ground, Blodwyrt is quite aggressive in his final moments so be a tad more patient as you take him down.