This guide will help you troubleshoot the blender startup problem on Windows 7 (x64, X86)
How to Run Blender on Windows 7
1. Download FIX
https://github.com/nalexandru/api-ms-win-core-path-HACK/releases/2. Select the bitness of your system (x64 or x86)
3. Open the desired folder depending on the bit size of your system
4. Open the folder where you have the blender installed
Example: “Your Disk”\Steam\steamapps\common\Blender
5. Drag the file api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll from the archive to the folder where the blender is located.
6. Start Blender.
- Blender: How to Enable GPU
- Blender: How to Fix Nvidia Driver Crash
- Blender: All Hotkeys
- Blender: Simple Soft Skin Shading