Have you tried remapping your controls only to have a random hardcoded action interfere with your preferred configuration? If so, then this guide is for you!
Fixing Those Pesky Hardcoded Keybinds
Better Keybinds Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight2/mods/79
– Slope Struggling is now tied to “Loot/Search/Interact”
– Glider Close is now tied to “Crouch”
– Equipment Wheel is now tied to “Cycle Equipment”
– Consumable Wheel is now tied to “Cycle Consumables”
– Weapon Wheel is now tied to “Cycle Weapons”
– Active Landing is now tied to “Crouch”
– Ledge Jump is now tied to “Jump”
– Turn Back is now tied to “Look Back”
– Ground Pound is now tied to “Attack”
– If this is the first pak mod you have installed, simply drop ‘data3.pak’ into ‘Dying Light 2\ph\source’
– If you want to merge this mod with other pak mods, drag the ‘scripts’ folder from my ‘data3.pak’ into the ‘data3.pak’ already in ‘Dying Light 2\ph\source’
You can either use this mod as is or use it as a base to set your own custom keybinds (see below).
Editing Keybinds Yourself
If you would like to do some tinkering yourself or override a few of the default bindings, here’s some information to get you started:
– Any program that can open a .zip file can open a .pak file, such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.
– Alternatively, renaming ‘data3.pak’ to ‘data3.zip’ should let you open it without downloading anything, just make sure you change it back to .pak so the game will recognize it.
– Any text editor can edit a .scr file, such as Notepad++.
– You can also use Notepad without downloading anything, but it may be difficult to read.
– Forcing a rebind is as simple as changing the EKey__[key name] of any ‘AddAction()’ line at the top of inputs_keyboard.scr. A list of key names can be found in ‘data0.pak’ in ‘/scripts/inputs/inputenums.def’. Just make sure you comment or remove the ‘Action()’ line from the ‘LayoutKeybinding’ section so it doesn’t get overridden by your settings menu!
– I’ve added some comments (marked with ‘!!’) to the modded file with some of my findings and the lines that have been changed.
– This game’s controls really weren’t made with flexibility in mind, so tinker at your own risk.
- Dying Light 2: Advanced Graphic Settings
- Dying Light 2: How to Disable Head Bobbing
- Dying Light 2: How to Turn Off TAA
- Dying Light 2: How to Fix no Crossbow Reward from PK Faction Zones
- Dying Light 2: How To Get Infinite Weapon Durability