Instructions on how to remove the modded weapon sounds and survivor sense gong sound.
You will be unable to join other online games, or have others join your game if you modify any files, unless the other players have modified the same files in the same way. This effectively means that by following this guide, you will only be playing in single player.
The only tool you will need is something to open zip files, like 7zip or WinRAR.
- Right click on Dying Light
- Click on Properties
- Click on Local Files
- Click on Browse
2. Windows Explorer will open the location of your installed game. From here:
- Double click on the Folder called DW
- Right click on the file named Data0.pak and select to open the archive with either 7Zip or WinRar
3. An Archive of the Data0.pak file will open and you should see a folder called “data’. From here:
- Double click on data
- Double click on Scripts
- Double click on audio
- Right click on the file hdr_snd_groups.scr and click edit. Alternatively, you can extract this file and edit it in a text editor.
The file is now opened in Notepad so ctrl+f to find these entries:
- For Shock weapons:
- Search for SoundGroup(“crafting_electric_loop”) and change Volume(0.50) to Volume(0.00). It’s the volume just a few lines below SoundGroup(“crafting_electric_loop”).
- For Fire weapons:
- Search for SoundGroup(“crafting_burning”) and change Volume(0.8) to Volume(0.0)
- For the Survivor Sense Gong
- Search for SoundGroup(“player_weapon_impulse”) and ADD the line Volume(0.00) right above Bus(7).
4. Save the file and then close the text editor. Click on the archived file and it should ask you if you want to update the file in the archive, click yes. If you extracted the file to edit in a text editor, you can drag and drop it in the opened archive file to copy it over.
5. To remove the low pass filter from the Survivor Sense Gong you have to edit another file inside of Data0.pak. This file is called gameaudioeffects.scr and is located in the root directory of the Data0.pak archive (step 3) ( SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ DyingLight \ DW \ Data0.pak \ data \ )
6. Right click on the file and click edit.
- Ctrl+f Sense
- Add two backslashes to the line LowPassFilter and also to the line directly under that.
- It should look like:
- //LowPassFilter(_BUS_Ambiences, 1.0, 0.1, 1.0, 1.0)
- //Volume(_BUS_Ambiences, 0.5)
- Change the FadeIn and FadeOut times to (0.0)
- Save the file, close the text editor, and update the archived file like in step 4.
– Impact weapons don’t have a looping sound, but there’s an entry for it that probably disables the sound when it procs on an enemy. Ctrl+F for SoundGroup(“crafting_impact”)
-Freezing weapons also have an entry, but I don’t hear anything in game, so I’m not really sure what it’s for. That entry is SoundGroup(“player_weapon_freezing_loop”)