How to Fix the Issue
1. In the bottom righthand corner of your screen, right click the sound icon
2. Select “Open Sound Settings” from the menu that appears upon right clicking
3. On the right-hand side of the Sound Settings, under the section “Related Settings”, click “Sound Control Panel”
4. Under the tab “Playback”, there should be two devices listed for your pair of headphones, one labeled “Headphones” and another “Headset”. RIght click the option that is labeled as “Headset” and select “DIsable”. The option should also say “hands-free audio” in grey text below the device’s title, or it at least did for mine.
5. Under the “Recording” tab, do the same as you did for the previous step, disabling the “Headset” device.
Upon starting GTA V, the audio should be fixed and working appropriately. I hope that this is helpful to you if you are experiencing this same problem as I have been.
- Grand Theft Auto V: Best Victim for Altruist Cult
- Grand Theft Auto V: Diamond Casino Heist Guide
- GTA Online: Solomon’s Top 10 Movie Props