This guide is all about showing how you can install my Left 4 Dead 2 addon, “Revised Subtitles.” This is required as the workshop doesn’t suffice for installation.
Locate the “workshop” folder
Select the cog on the far right, select “manage,” then “browse local files”
This will take you to your game’s main file directory. Here, go to “addons”.
Your folder should have another folder in it called “workshop”. Go to it, too.
Finding the addon
Here, GCFScape will open. Go to update > resource, then select “subtitles_english.dat”. Right click it, select “extract”.
Replacing the subtitles
Here, go to “resource” and replace the “subtitles_english.dat file in it
If you have Windows, you might be asked something like “There is a file already called subtitles_english.dat” and will ask if you want to replace it or not. Click “replace”.
- Left 4 Dead 2: How to Modify xdR and Other Animation Addons
- Left 4 Dead 2: How to Unlock “Good Ending” in “The Sacrifice” DLC
- Left 4 Dead 2: All Melee Weapons Guide
- Left 4 Dead 2: All Landmarks Location
- Left 4 Dead 2: Expert Realism Campaigns Guide