I will show you how to unlock the achievement “House of Doom” manually, because the game is bug and cannot be unlocked in a conventional way. I found this solution in the comments on the steam forums, but for some reason it is not seen that “recommended” (the solution). Credits to the various authors/cooperators: GR34TD3STR0Y3R, Elthrael, DozER and Xazuki
How to Unlock “House of Doom” Achievement
- Go to episode E5M6: The Underworld and find the secret exit.
- Make a quick save before entering the portal.
- Minimize the game.
- Go to the directory: user\USER_NAME\Saved Games\NightdiveStudios\Quake and find the file named “0.sav”.
- Open the file “0.sav” in notepad (or any other text editor).
- Search between lines 4350 and 4400 for the word “e5sm2”, as shown in the following image.
- Change the word “e5sm2” to “e5m8” and save the changes.
- Load the saved game.
- Cross the portal.
Doing the above will unlock the achievement but the game will crash. To avoid any type of error or problem, I recommend you close the game, return to the text file, change “e5m8” to “e5sm2” again, and save the changes.
- Quake: “Slipgate Pacifist” Achievement Guide
- Quake: How to Activate Nightmare Mode
- Quake Remastered: Useful Console Commands 2022
- Quake: How to Fix Game Crash After Intro Logos