Got the new update? But the game crashes after the Intro Logos? This is it.
How to Fix Game Crash After Intro Logos
Renaming the Intro logo video files.
I did the same with all the logo movies that are found in: steamapps\common\Quake\rerelease\moviesJust raname it like I did, so every time the game loads it will skip them and go directly to the game.
Strangely enough while doing this the game fired it up! All it’s working! And yeah I’m on W7 so it has nothing to do with W10. Give it a try!
Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++
You will need to search and install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. For security reasons just search that file on google and make sure you download the correct version for your system from the Official Microsoft site. In my case it was “VC_redist.x64.exe”
Proof that I got it working:
Hope it helps.
New Patch Known Issues
- In local multiplayer, the weapon wheel will be partially cut off in vertical split screen. This does not occur in horizontal split screen
- If the player uses the Attack input to respawn in multiplayer, they will fire a shot as they respawn
- Users are unable to access downloaded Add-ons without being connected to the internet. This is not intended functionality and will be fixed in a future update
- While in local multiplayer, if you wish to remove players from the lobby, you need to back out of the local multiplayer menu and re-enter it
- Some player movement issues may occur in online co-op matches in Scourge of Armagon
- The Guardian death sounds in may repeat indefinitely in Scourge of Armagon. If this occurs, either save and load your progress or exit the level
- Players switching away from Quake by using ALT+TAB, may notice that they lose control over the cursor. If this occurs, simply return to Quake, and interact with the game to restore control
- Quake: How to Activate Nightmare Mode
- Quake: “House of Doom” Achievement Guide
- Quake Remastered: Useful Console Commands 2022
- Quake: “Slipgate Pacifist” Achievement Guide