The Jupiter Hell game version 1.0 is now fully released. Here is a color guide for the latest full version.
Color Guide for Beginners
- Yellow: A normal door, open by bumping into it (or for some, walking near it)
- Purple: Vault door: This is opened at a terminal
- Red: Secure door: Need a red keycard to open this
- Yellow: Basic weapon (stats are always the same)
- Orange: Basic weapon, 2nd weapon with the same icon, usually a slight variant or upgrade
- Cyan: This weapon is any basic type but with 1-2 random perks pre-modded onto it
- Purple: Exotic: A special weapon, with a specific perk unique to this weapon
- Green: Unique: A very special weapon, unmoddable
Armor and helmets:
- Green: The most basic model
- Blue: The 2nd tier of armor
- Red: The 3rd tier of armor
- Cyan: Any of the above tiers pre-modded with 1-2 random perks.
- Purple: Exotic: A special armor, with a specific perk unique to this weapon
- Green: Unique: A very special armor, unmoddable
- Blue: Ammo chest
- White: Normal chest: could hold anything!
- Red: Medical chest: Medkits, stimpacks and health orbs.
- Yellow: Special chest: Better rewards, sometimes specified by level
- Purple: Reward chest: Should be something valuable in here
Lift colours (On lift / on minimap):
- Yellow / Blue: Next level in current branch
- Green / Green: Switch to a different branch
- Pink / Pink: Optional special level
- Cyan / Cyan: Side-room – small sub-level, you return back to this level afterwards
- White / Cyan: Locked side-room – needs to be activated, maybe at a terminal
- Grey / Dark blue: Inactive lift – usually where you started the level
- Jupiter Hell: Color Guide
- Jupiter Hell: All Glossaries List
- Jupiter Hell: All Acronyms List
- Jupiter Hell: How to Choose Weapon (Beginners’ Tips)