No Man’s Sky game guide focuses on where to find save game files location.
Note: This path only works on steam, if you get it through game pass or on the Microsoft store, it is encrypted.
How to Backup Save FileManually
No Man’s Sky save games can be found here:
You have to replace username with your PC User.
Tips: Win+R (Shortcut for Windows Run)
Copy and Paste in the text box: %AppData%\Avorion\galaxies
Note: Sometimes you need to show hidden folders in Windows. It is important to enable Show hidden files, folders. To do that;
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
How do I know which save is which?
Cut some of the saves out of the folder, then copy them back one by one to know which is which one.
Or you can just look at the date of the files.
- No Man’s Sky: Expediton 7 Walkthrough
- No Man’s Sky: Easy Units and Nanites From the Start
- No Man’s Sky: How to Farm Billions of Units in New Update 4
- No Man’s Sky: How to Use Star Bulb to Get Nanites