Learn the mechanics and tips of Payday 3 stealth
General Tips / Kind of TLDR
- You have unlimited zipties! Use them!
- Try not to kill civs. It takes away a percent of your money.
- When masked up, don’t sprint! The guards will hear it even on different floors and begin a search.
- If you’re observed while doing an action, try moving around to find a sweet spot that is out of the civ’s view.
- Stealth requires patience. Use the tools and environment at your disposal to your advantage.
- In contrast to the tip before, try take some risks as well. Find out what you can or can’t get away with. It will allow you to become a better stealther overall.
- Use lures! They will cause the guard to deviate from his regular path, allowing an easy keycard snatch. Or open up space to run to a location that was being guarded.
- You can silently take down guards without using any weapon.
- The lead guard has indefinite pagers! Do not kill him! (Identified by the baseball cap) (only on Overkill difficulty)
- If you’re caught doing something illegal or in a secure area, you will be cuffed. Either mask up and kill the guard, or use a skill / team mate to get you out of cuffs.
- If you’re caught more than twice by the same guard, he will sound the alarm.
- When playing with multiple people, if one of the heisters stay unmasked. They can then walk out the front door with the bags on their back! They won’t get detected by anyone.
– Cameras are indestructible
– Cameras are Indestructible.
– There is a lead guard identifiable by wearing a baseball cap.
– If the lead guard is killed, he has a pager that goes off indefinitely. Avoid Killing Him!
– You get two free pagers. On the third pager, it will trigger a search, causing the guards to hastily walk around trying to find you essentially. On the fourth pager, it will trigger the alarm, causing the heist to go loud.
An example is if you are trying to flick the power switch and a civilian is there facing the wall. If you move back slightly behind him and get in the right spot, you will be just out of view and therefore able to flick the power without being observed. Even though the civilian is standing right there staring at the power switch.
– Simply grab it off the security guard while his back is turned.
– Activate a lure which will force the guard walk towards the lure making an easy grab while he’s walking towards the lure.
– Having you or a team member get caught in a private area (not secure). Then grabbing the keycard while the security guard is escorting you and while you aren’t being observed. (Not ideal obviously but it works)
– There are usually different colors for each keycard, which will open different rooms. It is good to keep this in mind.
Takedowns & Bodies
- PAYDAY 3: All Challenges List
- PAYDAY 3: How to Increase FOV Beyond 90
- PAYDAY 3: FPS Boost + Stuttering Mitigation + Force HDR
- PAYDAY 3: “Under the Surphaze” Safe Location
- PAYDAY 3: Laser Maze Solutions for Under The Surphaze