Getting tired of the same old Stardew Valley? This guide will teach you how to sprinkle in some mods to spice up the game!
This is a comprehensive guide that covers patching & installing mods to SV… It even offers mod recommendations!!
1. Go to the Steam LIBRARY
2. Right-click Stardew Valley, then go to “PROPERTIES…”
3. On the left-hand corner, click “LOCAL FILES”
4. Click “Backup game files…”
I. Setting Up
SMAPI is a tool that loads mods to SV.
This tool is necessary if you want to mod the game.
The following are the procedures on setting up SMAPI:
1. Click the link here to download the latest version of SMAPI.
2. Extract the file then run the installer compatible to your system.
3. After running the installer, type “1” in the space then hit enter.
4. Type “1” then hit enter again to begin the installation.
5. Highlight the file location (like in the picture below), and then hit ctrl+c key to copy it.
6. Go to your Steam LIBRARY, right-click SV, then go to properties.
7. In the GENERAL tab, paste the text you copied to the LAUNCH OPTIONS.
Your game is now ready to be modded!
-Recommended Sites for Downloading Mods-
I take no responsibility for any damage or data loss to your system. Please be mindful when downloading mods.
To add the mods into your game, go to the game directory folder. The fastest way to do this is by going to your LIBRARY, right-clicking SV, hovering over the MANAGE tab, and clicking “Browse local files”
Extract the mods you downloaded to the Mods folder. Every time you add new mods, run the game to ensure everything is working properly.
III. Tools & Requirements
The creators of these mods work tirelessly to provide us players with the best experience so please do remember to support them by donating or at least rating/endorsing their works.
*To prevent any issues, please check the requirements of each mods you download. However, you’ll only gonna be needing these for this list*
IV. Generic Mods
UI Info Suite is a mod that offers helpful information such as your luck level, accurate heart meter, day of harvest, and many more.
As you can probably tell from the name, this mod displays the locations of each NPCs in the map.
Shows you how and when you could obtain an object from Community Center.
Let’s you see how much an item is worth.
Provides you the ability to sprint. Sprinting depletes your energy but it also regenerates over time. (Depletion & regeneration rate is configurable)
Enables you to zoom infinitely (great for those who have small displays)
V. Cool Portraits
VI. Visual Mods
*If these doesn’t suit your style, you can to proceed to the next section.*
ㅤThe design & color of the cursor is
ㅤcustomizable (set the color to beige for this
ㅤFreely customize your menu background.
Use these to make everything fit in with this recolour:
Furnitures & Craftables:
- Industrial Furniture Set
- Industrial Kitchen & Interior
- Gwen’s Medieval Craftables
- Seasonal Witchy-Gothic Inspired Windows
- Warm Cozy Fireplace
- Stardew Valley: All Stardrop Locations
- Stardew Valley: Top 10 Coolest Weapons
- Stardew Valley: Top 11 Best Items 2022
- Stardew Valley: How to Collect Uncraftable Shirts
- Stardew Valley: Complete Guide to Sebastian